What you will do...By joining Payworks, part of Visa Inc. since 2019, you will become a prominent part of a team which is leading our acceptance device portfolio into a modern future, breaking away from the status quo. You will do that together with a talented and motivated team of engineers. Together, you will define, build, launch, and support semi-integrated payment solutions for our clients. As part of this you will:
- Lead a scrum team to launch the current generation of devices with top tier clients in the US.
- Research the Android-based terminal vendor space.
- Develop the roadmap for a future proof terminal fleet.
- Establish relationships with select terminal vendors to drive alignment.
What we offer...
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of bringing a technically outdated industry to this century’s digital standards
- 100+ super-skilled colleagues in an organisation that is ever learning and able to quickly act on things that need to change
- An open culture that welcomes agile methods (Scrum, TDD, continuous deployment, retrospectives etc.)
- Free German classes
- Flexible working hours, competitive compensation and great benefits
What we are looking for...Product Management Domain:
- You have developed strategies for new products moving beyond the status quo
- You have led Scrum teams to develop and launch products and features
- You have shipped product and/or features in line with a developed strategy
- You have an established track record of building relationships and communicating with stakeholders at various levels
Payment Industry Domain:
- You have an intimate understanding of merchant and acquirer needs
- You are familiar with the integrated payment space, e.g., the needs of developers of Point of Sales systems
- You have some experience with traditional (non-Android) acceptance devices (Verifone, Ingenico or similar)
- You have experience with embedded software development (e.g., Android-based or other Internet of Things (IoT))
- You have a first-hand understanding of API/SDK concepts
- You understand and challenge technical payment specifications
Payworks develops and operates Payworks Payment Gateway, a next generation Point of Sale payment gateway technology. Operated in the cloud and provided in a Software as a Service model to payment providers, Payworks’ technology has simplified card acceptance by offering a pre-certified and easily accessible gateway solution which is significantly facilitating innovation in the integrated Point of Sale space.
Payworks is headquartered in Germany with offices in the US, the UK and Poland. Leading acquirers, payment service providers and POS software providers across North America, the UK, Europe and Africa depend on Payworks Payment Gateway technology to power card acceptance for modern Point of Sale solutions.